A year ago I decided to take a page out of Brad Keywell’s book and this post explains it in detail. When I found out that he wrote a letter to his team every Sunday for two years straight, I wonder when he found the time. Then I decided to try it and learned a lot about a lot.
I now want to challenge others to write something, anything down for 52 weeks and see your stream of thoughts for the year. It’s also creating goal setting habits. If you have a New Years resolution, having people publicly keep you accountable is so important.
It’s important to apply frameworks and heuristic to goal setting and decision-making. One heuristic is that if it isn’t a 100% yes, it’s a no. A framework I came up with for goal setting is called the PACT Framework. This will probably be my first blog for 2019.
It’s kind of like a hierarchy of goals that’s optimized for actualization.
Personal - 3 personal goals for the year. Academic - 3 knowledge based goals for the year. Career - 3 professional goals for the year. Therapy - 3 things you can do forever with no pay.
One of my therapy goals was writing. Now that I’m looking at my stream of consciousness for 52 weeks straight, I have a detailed view of the year and a lot of direction in setting goals for 2019. One of those is to turn these collection of writings into a podcast or a book.
Regardless of what happens, here are my 52 posts for 2018, as promised.
- Building a Personal Advisory Board
- Keep Inspiring Dreams
- Being More Productive and Less Busy
- Blue Sky Potential
- Teamwork, Makes the Dream Work
- Who’s Got Your Back
- Jack of All Trades, or Master of None
- Wakanda V. Oakland
- Tabula Rasa: Part I – Blank Slate of Mind
- Tabula Rasa: Part II – Ecosystem v. Echo Chamber
- Family First
- Tabula Rasa: Part III – Keep On Pushing
- 100 Dollars and a Dream
- Ultralight Beam
- Mortal Man
- The Journey Toward Freedom
- Why 2018 Won’t Be Like 2018
- The Cut Off
- Hey Mama
- Light of the World
- Statement of Purpose
- Serenity: Keys to Peace
- The Art of Finishing
- Hello, World!
- The Journey To The Moon
- The Dark Side of the Moon
- The Enemy of Progress: Instant Gratification
- Peace, Power & Prosperity
- Synchronicity: Meaningful Coincidences
- Ikigai: Living a Fulfilled Life
- The One Thing That Changed My Life Forever
- The Art of Creation: Part I – Probability
- The Art of Creation: Part II – Interconnectedness
- The Art of Creation: Part III – Memory
- Why Entrepreneurship Sucks
- The Philosophical Entrepreneur
- The Universe Hates You – Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- Mimetic Theory – Thou Shalt Not Desire
- Iron Sharpeneth Iron
- Rebooting Your Operating System
- Communication is the Key to Intimacy
- The Faith of a Mustard Seed
- 25 Lessons I’ve Learned in 25 Years
- Mother to Son: Four Stages of Competence
- When the Helper Needs a Helper
- Non-linear Career Paths
- The Game of Life
- Father to Son
- How I Broke Into Finance With a Sports Degree
- Father to Mother
- 52 Week Challenge